Sunday, 26 February 2012

November 2011

The paperwork arrived in September, but a house move delayed any work on the site. Finally in November we got cracking and started to clear the bracken to see what was underneath
The bracken was fairly easy to clear as it had mostly died back anyway, and was easy to break off at ground level.

It became clear though that the dry stone wall on the left of the site had been partially moved into a large pile. This was going to be a bit of a problem as it prevented any turning of the soil.

As you can see, Dan is posing and not actually working!

The top half of the site was more difficult with small trees and lots of bramble. There also appeared to be some old raised beds, but the wood was rotten.

We also found some old tree stumps, which ideally would have to be removed, but this would not be possible by hand.

It was time to hunt down Lee with his digger.

No comments:

Post a Comment